Monday, November 8, 2010

My feelings on Fall

I've never really cared much for fall. Usually the wide variety of colors in the foliage is lost on me, not because I don't see their beauty but simply because I've never enjoyed cleaning up afterwards! Call me lazy, but I've always hated raking leaves with a sweater on, then getting overheated. Then, I take my sweater off and it's too cold!

That being said, there is one thing that I love about fall: Golden rain trees. I always forget about them until I walk by them during fall. Their bright yellow foliage on windy days falls down upon me like actual rain, and I can't help but think that I'm Zhang Ziyi in that scene from Hero where she's fighting Maggie Cheung. If you haven't seen it, I've attached it here.

4 comments:

  1. Can you move like that? Does red suit you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could! Come to think of it, I don't think I own much red, though my school colors were red and white. I could see how well I could move like that with a sword in hand, though I would need to be on wires like they are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a beautiful scene, the falling leaves gold in colour and the fighting scene more like a ballet...how I wish I could experience the actual fall,with trees in all shades of brown, gold, red, yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of leaves. The red and gold really play off one another, then the leaves go red. What a pretty and meaningful scene.

    ReplyDelete